jonathanis.online is written and published by Jonathan Rothwell.
All content © Jonathan Rothwell 1992—2022 and licensed under CC-BY-NC unless otherwise stated.
If you would like to use my work commercially, please contact me by sending at
me at this domain to negotiate terms.
Copyright licence for stories
The short stories and works of original fiction on this website are under a slightly different copyright licence. Any such content will be marked as such on the page.
I put these stories on this website, free of charge, in the hope that you will enjoy them.
You MUST NOT:
- Copy or reproduce these stories on another website or publication without explicit permission from me;
- Create commercial derivative works (e.g. film or stage adaptations) without explicit permission from me;
- Pass this work off as your own in any case.
- Create non-commercial derivative works (e.g. fan art, fan fiction, or a 'podfic');
- Create copies of the stories for your own personal use (for instance, printing copies or putting a copy on your e-reader);
- Copy the concepts and ideas within the stories, as that’s what all writers do anyway. (I won’t complain unless it’s a direct rip-off.)
- Quote the stories (provided the quotes are of a reasonable length, not more than 10% of the story’s overall length) in journalism, blogging, research etc. or for critical analysis. (If you do, while it’s not necessary, I’d love it if you told me!)
A few more notes:
- If you’ve done some fan art based on one of the stories, and would like to sell it, you’ll need to drop me a note: in all probability, I’ll say “yes” so there’s no need to be shy (I may even want a copy for myself). My address is
meat this domain.
- Non-commercial fan art, podfic, and fan fiction is already explicitly allowed! No need to ask.
- As a general rule, if you’re not going to monetise your derivative work, that’s just fine. Don’t hesitate to email me if you’re unsure.